The life and times of an Arizona Investor

This will be my personal journal to document my failures and successes during my real estate experiences in Arizona. All stories, thoughts, and successes will be documented..

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Vacancy of only two days..

I have heard a lot of horror stories of trusting property managers with your rental properties. However, they are a necessary evil, and when I start accumulating more properties there will be a time when I will transfer everything to them.

But for now, I am happy doing it myself. It is pain to get a new tenant , and I realize why a min one year leases are so desirable. I have one tenant moving out on the 31st, and today, I have a new lease with a year lease starting August 2nd! Only a vacancy of two days is great!

I must of got at least 30 calls for this unit. Here's a secret. Use Craigslist.com Its free and its very, very effective. I've filled three tenants using this alone. Its amazing, its more effective than paying a $75 a week ad in the local paper.

Good investing.

Bginvestor
|| Bginvestor, 7:30 PM

2 Comments:

I used westsiderentals.com, apartments,com and got nothing. I put an ad on craigslist and got 30 phone calls in two days. I found my tenant through craigslist and I tell everyone to use it. It is great!
Blogger Clifford, at 7:08 AM  
Thanks for the post!
Blogger Bginvestor, at 6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

$2.95 a month web hosting