The life and times of an Arizona Investor

This will be my personal journal to document my failures and successes during my real estate experiences in Arizona. All stories, thoughts, and successes will be documented..

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Zillow.com

Ok, so Shaun http://shaunsre.blogspot.com/ was talking about Zillow http://www.zillow.com/ and actually, its a neat site where you can get comps.

However, the comps on the properties I checked are completely off. The site told me that comps on one of my properties should be 360k which is an average of their estimated range. I know that I would not be able to sell it for more than 280k! Its way off..

They extrapolate older comps to get to today's values. The comps were ok, but the problem may be the appreciation factor.

Anyway, I wouldn't trust it for a second...

bginvestor
|| Bginvestor, 11:51 AM

2 Comments:

Ditto! The values for our area were off, too. But, someone will work out the kinks and make it a nice tool eventually.
Blogger Trisha#1, at 9:37 PM  
For properties in my area (state?), the prices are the assessed values from - get this - 2004! It's bad enough they use assessed values for the figure, and even worse when the assessed values are almost two years old. Ouch!
Blogger Steve, at 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

$2.95 a month web hosting