The life and times of an Arizona Investor

This will be my personal journal to document my failures and successes during my real estate experiences in Arizona. All stories, thoughts, and successes will be documented..

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Weekly Status..

Well, I just created my weekly forelcosure list. I'm still surprised that I haven't received a phone call yet from my letters... I paid special attention to the content, format, and how it is delivered. I expect to get some calls from sellers right before the trustee's sale.

This weekend, I plan to check some houses that I can do a twist on to create some equity. For example, there's a rehabed 1/1 house in the central area for sale. If I can add a room, I can create quite a bit of equity.

There is a local broker that is offering a short seminar on buying investment properties in Tucson. I am going to check it out this Thursday night. I don't plan on learning a lot, however, I want to get more educated on the new construction market.

By this weekend, I want to have my spreadsheets setup for calculating profits with developing. Actually, I did this last year, but I need to update the building and permit costs. Once I get comfortable with the numbers, I will know the approximate buying price I will need to reach my goals. This is a very competitive market for these type of investments right now, so I will need to act fast..

Good investing,

Bginvestor
|| Bginvestor, 7:17 PM

1 Comments:

Good luck, Brian! Don't get discouraged--this is a slow time for RE investing in general, I think.
Blogger Trisha#1, at 8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

$2.95 a month web hosting