The life and times of an Arizona Investor

This will be my personal journal to document my failures and successes during my real estate experiences in Arizona. All stories, thoughts, and successes will be documented..

Saturday, January 14, 2006

How to get "Free" comps

I posted this about a year ago, but there's easy ways to get comparables for real estate and alot of times its free. Tom, from his blog http://dbreakfast.com// mentioned that realtors are useful because of their comps on the MLS.

I never use realtors because its too much of a pain... The easiest way to get free comparables is to work through a title company. They provided me with a free account that basically uses http://dataquick.com . To some, this is a little known secret.

So, now realtors are completing useless! ;-)

Good investing
|| Bginvestor, 2:11 PM

2 Comments:

Just curious, Brian. Is Arizona a non-disclosure state? If so (or even, if not), how good are the comps from dataquick?

Texas is anon-disclosure state, and I registered at a different site last year for a 30-day trial membership. The comps I got were so inconsistent, I'm glad I didn't sign-up. I wonder if dataquick would be better for me (in Texas)? Is it possible for you to run comps in Texas, or are you limited to Arizona?
Blogger Steve, at 7:58 AM  
Steve,

I don't know how many states are supported but, I pulled comps for my friend in Palo Alto Cali!
Blogger Bginvestor, at 10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

$2.95 a month web hosting