The life and times of an Arizona Investor

This will be my personal journal to document my failures and successes during my real estate experiences in Arizona. All stories, thoughts, and successes will be documented..

Friday, December 30, 2005

Real Estate forecasts in 2006 & 2007 Check it out!

I've tracked CNN money's appreciation reports for several years and I have found them to be accurate based on tracking the Reno, Las Vegas, Phoenix, and Tucson markets.

This article was quite interesting. A firm estimated the forecasts for 2006 & 2007. I don't read into these 100% because they never explain their numbers , however, its another data point.

http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/lists/re_growth_forecast/

http://money.cnn.com/2005/12/29/real_estate/buying_selling/handicapping_housing_markets/index.htm

The biggest observation was that Texas may be the next emerging market. Steve, better get ready!

Check your city out! Also, I would recommend going back to CNN money from time to time because they make a good effort to track the national market.

Good investing!
|| Bginvestor, 2:14 PM

2 Comments:

I can concur. Everything I've read in the last year points to a Texas RE market primed to skyrocket. I think the biggest areas will be Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio, but Austin will also be hot. The market in Austin was recently forecasted at 5% below average, and businesses are starting to move in at a quick pace.

I've also noticed through my research that the vast majority of out-of-state homeowners are from California (in one estimate it was almost 50%). This tells me that investors who made a killing in that state are now moving in here to do the same.
Blogger Steve, at 5:47 AM  
And, in my area (Oklahoma), home prices are growing quite nicely, too! I feel blessed to have the opportunity to build my REI career here. And, as I suspected, there is no bubble in this area.
Blogger Trisha#1, at 8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

$2.95 a month web hosting