The life and times of an Arizona Investor

This will be my personal journal to document my failures and successes during my real estate experiences in Arizona. All stories, thoughts, and successes will be documented..

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Updates...

I got a call from the original gal that owned the double wide. She was upset because she got a gas bill for coverage that exceeded her ownership. I was at fault because I thought my wife switched it over. However, I let her know that I had paid a full months's water bill that was actually hers(utility bill was one month behind). Since my bill was twice as much as hers, I said let's call it even or you can pay the residual..

So, I got another tenant for the tri-plex. I have two of three filled now! I will be finishing up the third unit this weekend, so that makes two units completely rehabbed. This was a huge milestone for me. I need to concentrate this weekend and make sure it gets done. The tenants from the second unit are moving into the third and I will finish up on the second.

The third unit has a side yard, and these guys are already fixing it up. So far it looks nice!!

The second unit will take a lot less work than the rest. Replace flooring, dry wall in halls, and a little painting. After that, my project will be COMPLETE!! Yahoo..

I am planning on taking December off for REI. I have a feeling that its going to be like last year and I will crank back up in February. This will also include my blog.

Its hard to believe that I've been writing in my blog for almost a year now. Amazing! I enjoy re-reading some of the posts to remember what I was thinking during those times.

I'm afraid that I made the same mistake this year as I have done on years pasts. Once I find a project, my business shuts down because all of my time is taken up. This is why I passed on the property next door. This was a huge mistake. I should have bought, held it til next year for my REI goals. Now, I may have to spend months to find another worthy project. Oh well. I several options moving forward.
|| Bginvestor, 11:49 AM

3 Comments:

Wow, sounds like your triplex is really coming together! Is it paying for itself now?
Blogger Trisha#1, at 9:00 AM  
I want a model update! LOL.
Blogger Seattle Eric, at 11:35 PM  
Good job! The best education is experience, and judging from your last paragraph, you definately got a good lesson. It's stuff like that no book, tape, or seminar can fully deliver.
Blogger Steve, at 5:37 AM  

Post a Comment

$2.95 a month web hosting