The life and times of an Arizona Investor

This will be my personal journal to document my failures and successes during my real estate experiences in Arizona. All stories, thoughts, and successes will be documented..

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Rehab on House#1 Complete!

Today I finished the double wide. It took a week longer than expected, but turned out nice! I spent approximately 8 solid days from start to finish, however, the project started Sept 1st. It took almost a month since I have a full time job.

I invited a local mobile home broker to check out the place. He liked it, and said it should pull in about 14k-18k. I'm asking 14k cash or 15k w/ seller financing. I hope I sell it through seller financing because my profit will double and it will give me a chance to work out the details of carry back a note.

I think my market will be 80% snow birds. I timed this right because they are now getting interested in a winter home. Unfortinately, I will probably need to spend $$ to place a ad. Its real expensive in Tucson.

Anyway, I'm tired. I worked on the double wide 3 days straight. I did a lot of new things this time around like installing valve stops, sticky tile, painting with a sprayer, painting cement, replacing subflooring, and making my own directional signs.

I need to post some updated pictures. Anyway, if anybody is looking for a sharp 24X41 double-wide, I've got one!
|| Bginvestor, 6:08 PM

2 Comments:

I'll bet you're tired! I've been there.... Since both of the two decent contractors we've found so far are tied up with other houses of ours, we're going to have to paint and fix up House 1 ourselves to get it ready for sale after we evict our deadbeat tenant. Fun, fun.
Blogger Trisha#1, at 1:34 PM  
Great job, Brian! Like Trisha said, I've been there, but the sweat equity is well worth it in the end.
Blogger Steve, at 4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

$2.95 a month web hosting