The life and times of an Arizona Investor

This will be my personal journal to document my failures and successes during my real estate experiences in Arizona. All stories, thoughts, and successes will be documented..

Thursday, September 01, 2005

House #1 Double wide..

Ok, house #1 is officially here! I bought the double wide today. Sometimes I make the right decisions. Asking the seller to come with me to the DMV was a good one. Turns out that the title has a couple of issues (no liens) and it took over 2 hours to straighten them out. They almost made us get another signature from the husband that lives in Texas! After talking to the manager, we were able to get it done.

They said just because you get a signed title doesn't mean you automatically own it.

This is great because I now have 3 days to work on it. I hope to finish it and get it sold in two to three weeks.

I plan to paint the living kitchen and do the flooring.

I 've had the for sign on the mobile only 4 hours and already got a call.

The bummer part is I need more laminate flooring and the wharehouse is out, so my project will be incomplete up to two weeks.

I'll send pictures soon so you guys can check it out.

Good investing!
|| Bginvestor, 3:35 PM

5 Comments:

Excellent job, Brian. Hopefully, things will fall into place and you can get this thing out the door in less than 2 wks. I look forward to some pictures. Nothing brings reality to a story better than pictures. ;-)
Blogger Steve, at 4:33 AM  
Ooo, yes, visual aides are good! Congratulations are in order! I'm particularly happy to hear you're already getting calls on this one....
Blogger Trisha#1, at 4:15 PM  
Congrats on your first investment property!!!
Blogger REI Blogger, at 1:42 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Blogger REI Blogger, at 1:43 PM  
Hey, Brian,

How goes it with the repairs? Did you get a lot done over the long weekend?
Blogger Trisha#1, at 1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

$2.95 a month web hosting