The life and times of an Arizona Investor

This will be my personal journal to document my failures and successes during my real estate experiences in Arizona. All stories, thoughts, and successes will be documented..

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Continuation..

What a difference! The place cleaned up nicely. There's still more work needed to complete the flooring. To make it look much cleaner, I should install the trim molding. I power washed the curtains which made a huge difference in appearance.

I have scheduled the cleaning lady to come in and do her thing. Get this, she is only going to charge me $50 to clean the whole house!

I'm 70% done with the vinyl tiling. I got a little off track when I noticed that there was a hole next to the toilet flange. Since I dodn't want anybody to fall through the floor when sitting on the thrown, I cut out a section of flooring and replaced it. Stuff to do is: install electrical sockets, molding for the floors, power washing (outside), and painting the covered porch. I see light at the end of the tunnel.

Maybe I'll take a PTO day and get everything done by this weekend.

On the tri-plex, I worked a 12 hour day that included: Removing an old toilet flange, removing drywall in three rooms, removed counter tops (both units), removed all the carpet wood strips where tile is being installed, got two more bids, pulled out some appliances, measuring doors to order, relocated trash, install new R-19 insulation in a bedroom where the guys installed the new roof, removed some popcorn ceilings at certain locations, and sweep every room for two units.

Its been a long weekend! Time to go to the J.O.B. and get some rest.





.. Posted by Picasa
|| Bginvestor, 8:24 PM

5 Comments:

Wow.. Looks good. Nice flooring.
Blogger Shaun, at 8:06 AM  
I second Shaun. Just touching up the walls with new paint and taking that old carpet out to expose the wood flooring (I think that's what you did) made a huge difference.
Blogger Steve, at 9:45 AM  
Steve,

On mobile homes, under the carpeting is usually plywood. I installed the laminate flooring. I used some wood from a left over project.

Talk soon,

Brian
Blogger Bginvestor, at 6:38 PM  
Wow, Brian, the place looks amazing! You've done a great job. You should reward yourself once each project is complete--have a nice dinner out somewhere or something. I let our business take Michael and I out for sushi every time we finish a property. :-D
Blogger Trisha#1, at 9:45 AM  
Thanks everyone,

The place is looking much better! The laminate flooring I got from lumber liquidators at 78 cents a square foot! The down side is that it takes a long time to install.

I'll have post some pics of the tri-plex soon!
Blogger Bginvestor, at 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

$2.95 a month web hosting