The life and times of an Arizona Investor

This will be my personal journal to document my failures and successes during my real estate experiences in Arizona. All stories, thoughts, and successes will be documented..

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

More details - House #1

What a mess..

I found out from the personal property tax department that someone else (besides the owners) has been paying their property taxes for the mobile home!! Strange, this person lives in the park with a different lot. I guess that means his taxes haven't been paid. Boy, he's going to be surprised when he sells his place.

So, the question is, if I buy the mobile, do I have a chance that the city will reverse the payment and charge me the back taxes?? That would be around $400 dollars. Ummm...

The city was going to contact the park manager to clear this up.

In addition, I decided to send the contract to the husband to sign.

Its never easy...
|| Bginvestor, 12:33 PM

3 Comments:

No, it's never easy.

I have have never heard of someone accidentally paying another person's taxes! I mean, I believe you. But, wouldn't you have to be pretty clueless???

Well, I hope the city clears it up in your favor. I wonder how much that other guy owes on his taxes by now!

Oh, and, you made a good move having the husband sign the contract, too.
Blogger Trisha#1, at 1:11 PM  
Isn't paying deliquent property taxes an investment strategy? I thought I heard something of it.
Blogger Richard, at 1:46 PM  
Yes, tax liens is an investment strategy.

This situation is weird because someone else paid for their taxes!!
Blogger Bginvestor, at 8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

$2.95 a month web hosting