The life and times of an Arizona Investor

This will be my personal journal to document my failures and successes during my real estate experiences in Arizona. All stories, thoughts, and successes will be documented..

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Miracles do happen! Offer #14 Accepted!

Guess who calls me yesterday? The out of state gal who had four properties! She told me that a friend in the family had passed away and she had been completely focus on that.

So, I am now under contract on the 3-plex! This is exciting, but I'm nervous because its a preforeclosure and you never know the twists involved. This one has two: a Power of attorney, and a trustee sale next week. Talk about cutting it close!

I actually did a walk through on one of the units. Talk about trashed!! It has spray paint on the walls and the floors are completely trashed. The worst part is the frig has been turned off with food in it for months!!! :-(;) It should be the worst unit, the other two (although I haven't checked it out) should be much better. Its all cosmetic!! The walls, dry wall, cabinets, fixtures are all good.

I screwed up the second offer on the other house, I started too low and didn't push to my walk away value. Now, I can't get ahold of her (again) and she had a deadline this noon from another investor . So I'm afraid that she went with him. It would have been a good one too with 30k equity if my numbers were correct.

So, with the double wide and tri-plex closing in the next month, I should have plenty to talk about!

Good investing!
|| Bginvestor, 12:12 PM

3 Comments:

Good job, Brian! Persistence sure pays! I can't wait to hear the particulars. I'm in the beginning of another deal myself, but I'm not going to jinx myself just yet. :-)
Blogger Steve, at 12:41 PM  
Good job! Whatever you do, don't open that refrigerator!!
Blogger Shaun, at 1:13 PM  
Yea!!!!! That's great! Carpet and paint will be no big deal. As far as the fridge goes, I would turn on the power, let it run for a few days, and hire a maid service to clean it.
Blogger Trisha#1, at 1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

$2.95 a month web hosting