The life and times of an Arizona Investor

This will be my personal journal to document my failures and successes during my real estate experiences in Arizona. All stories, thoughts, and successes will be documented..

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Issue w/ Lot on Offer #14

There's a small piece of land that is part of the legal description of the tri-plex that is adjacent to the east side lot. Physically, when you look at the piece of land, it looks like its part of the neighbor's backyard! I do not have access to it because there's a fence.

If the neighbor tries to claim this land and gets it, I'm in trouble. I need to PROTECT my rights to this property, since without it, I don't have the necessary square footage to be legal for a 3-plex. Our attorney recommended an "estoppel certificate". I will contact my title company on Monday to make arrangements.

Fortunately, the owner of the adjacent pience of land is a nice guy and understands the situation. He is willing to cooperate and sign any necessary documents.
|| Bginvestor, 4:37 PM

2 Comments:

It's good for you that the neighbor is a nice guy. I've heard of a case where disputed land had been fenced in by a neighbor. And, after a certain amount of time, since the rightful owner didn't complain, the neighbor with the fence was given the land!
Blogger Trisha#1, at 7:58 AM  
If You're looking to sell your House, You deserve to check out this link http://ibuyhousesfl.com Use their online form for a quick Cash Quote.
Clyde
Blogger Clyde Wallace, at 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

$2.95 a month web hosting