The life and times of an Arizona Investor

This will be my personal journal to document my failures and successes during my real estate experiences in Arizona. All stories, thoughts, and successes will be documented..

Thursday, July 28, 2005

An eye opening experience...

Last weekend, I completed my financial statement from top to bottom. What an eye opening experience! The numbers do tell a story, and I highly recommend everyone to do this.

I went the extra mile and created a bunch of pie and bar graphs showing many variables.

I answered the following questions.

  1. How much do I keep?
  2. Did my money work for me?
  3. What's my income after taxes?
  4. How much did I spend on housing?
  5. How much did I spend on junk?

We have a long way to go, but I see we're on the right path.

Good investing,

Bginvestor

|| Bginvestor, 3:08 PM

4 Comments:

Good idea, Brian. I did a draft one (without hard numbers) a couple of weeks ago, but I need to do one completely to better understand my position. I still have a lot of debt due to past mistakes, but I'm getting back on track.
Blogger Steve, at 5:24 AM  
I'm glad your working on your bad debt. It will allow you to leverage more into investments.

Take care.
Blogger Bginvestor, at 7:49 AM  
I have yet to hammer out a personal Financial Statement. Some how I know it will be bad and I kind of don't want to see the reality of it. But maybe that fear is holding me back. not maybe I am sure it is. I have to get the emotions out of my financial life. help
Blogger Richard, at 7:58 AM  
Well if you want a copy of my spread sheet, you can plug in your numbers! You know how to contact me.
Blogger Bginvestor, at 1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

$2.95 a month web hosting