The life and times of an Arizona Investor

This will be my personal journal to document my failures and successes during my real estate experiences in Arizona. All stories, thoughts, and successes will be documented..

Sunday, July 10, 2005

About Kiyosaki's Cashflow 101..

I played this game for the first time last night. What can say, it was awesome! My friends started playing about 3 years ago, and its helped them think about how to get out of the rat race.

To get out of the "rate race" your passive income needs to exceed your liabilities. The game is played mostly on a ballance sheet. You roll dice and get or lose opportunities. Very cool..

Remember in my long term goals , I stated that I wanted to test my strategy with this game. Because I was learning the game, I didn't quite follow my strategy, however, I think it would have helped me get out of the rat race to minimize by liabilities.

Anyway, I was surprised that my wife enjoyed the game so much. She's kinda of competitive so she enjoyed kicking my butt. ;-) She said, that's the most fun I've done with real estate yet.

If your into real estate, I recommend this game. I checked ebay and you can get decent deals on the game.

So, goals today are:

  1. Write a letter to the gal who has the big lot to express my interest in purchasing it. I need more details before making her an offer.
  2. I have another guy who called me that has a big lot. This might be better than the first one.
  3. I will do a walk through w/ a double wide today. Apparently she's asking a pretty fair price.

Good investing,

Bginvestor
|| Bginvestor, 6:30 AM

4 Comments:

Brian -

It sounds like you were playing the board game (vs. the computer version of Cashflow 101). I really like the game, but have some qualms about the computer version. I wrote a review of the game in one of my first few blog entries. Again, I think the game is awesome as it teaches people how to think in terms of assetts & liabilities vs. income & expenses.
Blogger Steve, at 5:32 AM  
Excellent game!

I started out playing cautious. Then it dawned on me that this was a game and I could do whatever I want. I started to watch my emotions while I played. What an eye opener. I had no idea I was so risk averse. I haven't played in about six months, but I'll be returning to my group this Sunday.
Blogger Nikki, at 7:02 AM  
Wow.. I can't believe this is the first time you played!
Blogger Shaun, at 11:00 AM  
Lol... I know, my buddy played it 3 years ago! Better late than never.. ;-)

See ya..
Blogger Bginvestor, at 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

$2.95 a month web hosting