The life and times of an Arizona Investor

This will be my personal journal to document my failures and successes during my real estate experiences in Arizona. All stories, thoughts, and successes will be documented..

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Arizona doesn't like bandit signs anymore ;-(

Well, for the last 3 months, I've had my sign guy placing bandit signs out in more numbers and larger farming areas than ever before. The results? Not nearly enough leads!

I must have over 200 out at any one time.. The calls coming in are low. If I depended on my bandit signs to pull leads , I would have ran out of food months ago! Its strange because last year was so much better. I had more leads coming in from 1/4 of the signs. Kinda of depressing.

I was telling one of my fellow bloggers that to buy a piece of real estate you should look at 100 properties, make offers on 10, and buy one. Its a numbers game. There's one deal that I could have done a couple of months ago, but decided not to (mistake). So, that could have been my property for 1st half of 2005. Hopefully not.

I wish I could be writing blog entries on my experiences handling properties, but its not happening right now. Thats ok.

I've been at this couple of years now and I've learned a lot. I know that a lot of people would leave this business right now (or months ago) because its too hard in this type of market. After listening to Kiyosaki's tapes, my tough luck has been "good" experience being successful in the future.

I'm in friendly competition with my buddy Stuart who has bought several properties this year. He finds a property (MLS) that he can build on and always pays over the asking price because of competition. So, if he can find enough properties that fit his parameters, he picks them up. After building, he still makes plenty of money in the project. I heard him say twice now that the market is kicking my ass which I don't like to hear.

I am going to add this strategy to my marketing. I will find a good lead and bring it to Stuart to see if I could use his team or be partners.

Overall, its still too early to kill my marketing plan. I have alot of new things already started (letters to vacants, business card distribution, more signsetc.), so sometimes it takes months to get calls coming in. I'll be waiting..

Good investing!

P.S. Since I got the home improvement bug, I'm going to put in saltillo tile in the bathrooms to my house this weekend.
|| Bginvestor, 10:55 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

$2.95 a month web hosting