The life and times of an Arizona Investor

This will be my personal journal to document my failures and successes during my real estate experiences in Arizona. All stories, thoughts, and successes will be documented..

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Another door knocking session...

I hit the streets yesterday and unfortunatley I didn't get to go inside one house. :-( Here's the break down of yesterday's session.

Door knock #11 - No answer

Door knock #12 - No answer

Door knock #13 - working w/ investor

Door knock #14 - No answer

Door knock #15 - Sent check

Door knock #16 - working w/ investor

Door knock #17 - Planning to pay

Door knock #18 - Check will be sent

Door knock #19 - No answer

Door knock #20 - This one is interesting. After talking to the neighbor, turns out that the guy left the wife after 20 years of marriage. He moved to Phoenix and has 4 mortgages on the property. Its been vacant for months!! Too bad, its a nice house.

Door knock #21 - No answer

Door knock #22 - Send check

Door knock #23 - Gave card to kid

Door knock #24 - No answer

Door knock #25 - File bk , talk to bk

Door knock #26 - No answer

Door knock #27 - Sent check

Door knock #28 - He can save house, no plan, didn't want to talk

Door knock #29 - No answer

Door knock #30 - No answer

So, 20 door knocks with little results.

Out of the 20 doors, I only talked to 7 owners! As far as I'm concerned, I really only door knocked 7 houses. Without talking to the owners, you can't do business. Its amazing the excuses, oh, he's sleeping right now, or she's trying to decide what to do, etc.. I need to rely the importance of getting the problem solved.

Marketing is strange. For this type of marketing, you can get business right away, a week from now, or in 3 months. Thats why its important to repeat your marketing so they don't forget about you. I will send repeat letters and door knock the nice properties.

Good investing!

|| Bginvestor, 9:32 AM

2 Comments:

Dang Brian, you sure are persistent. I'm kind of baffled you don't have 3-5 deals every month with your marketing. I know Arizona is a hot bed now, which may a little to do with it, but you are one of the most persistent marketers I've seen in this industry. I think before too long, you're efforts are going to start paying off big time. Keep up the good work!
Blogger Steve, at 7:43 AM  
Thanks.. Its a numbers game, I'll one soon!

Brian
Blogger Bginvestor, at 7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

$2.95 a month web hosting