The life and times of an Arizona Investor

This will be my personal journal to document my failures and successes during my real estate experiences in Arizona. All stories, thoughts, and successes will be documented..

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Note taken from REI Meeting - Vena-Jones-Cox

Vena is a national speaker and one of the best. She talks about my favorite subject, preforeclosures. She talked last night at the REI club meeting. After I heard her talk, I realized that I did not learn any new concepts and understood 100% of what she was saying. Thats interesting...

However, I did learn a few details on marketing.. Anyway, I thought that I would share my notes so you guys can benefit as well.


  1. "Subto"
  2. Private Lenders (12%)
  3. Hardmoney (14%-16%)
  4. Partners using retirement funds to get the profits tax free

She was selling a 4 1/2 day seminar w/ food and lodging for $1300. Tempting, but I'll pass.

Good investing!!

|| Bginvestor, 6:38 AM

1 Comments:

Thanks for the info, BG! Not sure if you had an epiphamy like I did regarding information in REI. I bought Steve Cook's Wholeslaing and Rehabbing courses several weeks ago, and realized I knew about 95% of the information already! While I was a little peturbed, having spent $250 on the courses, I was mainly relieved to know that I do know this stuff. It's like treading water and having a fear of swimming. And once you start to swim, you realize your fears were unjustified.

Buying notes at a discount is something new to me. I'll definately have to investigate that further. Thanks!
Blogger Steve, at 4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

$2.95 a month web hosting