The life and times of an Arizona Investor

This will be my personal journal to document my failures and successes during my real estate experiences in Arizona. All stories, thoughts, and successes will be documented..

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

5 day vacation..

I just got back from a 5 day vacation hunting and fishing in the pine's of the Arizona mountains. What can I say, it was awesome...

I already have my lot picked out. ;-)

I talked real estate a lot with my friend. We talked strategies, market conditions, and making money with REI. He is alot like me two years ago, wants to learn/know EVERYTHING before getting started.

My recommendation to him was just do it, buy real estate and get started. Don't have grass growing under your feet..

The biggest factor of not doing real estate is fear. Get over it, and do it. The second biggest factor of not doing real estate is knowledge.

Solution.. Go to a freakin real estate club and learn two or three techniques, and buy real estate! Make sure you know your enter and exit strategies and you will do fine..

I couldn't get through to my buddy.. He needs to have everything lined up , huge amounts of reserves, and needs to understand the market completely. Will he ever buy anything? He will not be leaving his day job any time soon. :-(

Good investing!
|| Bginvestor, 12:22 PM

6 Comments:

Funny you should mention your friend, Brian. I caught up with my a good friend of mine from work yesterday. I've told him about REI in the past on several occasions, but he's never asked me much about it. Anyway, we were talking about different things each of us has been doing (note: I hadn't seen him in a couple of months). I didn't lie, but I also didn't mention a word about REI - at all, period. No time during our conversation did he even bring it up.

Conclusion? Some people in this world just don't 'get it', and, unfortunately, never will. They'd rather do the 8-5, M-F, and hope the powers-that-be never hand them a pink slip. I just cringe, because I know I used to be that same type of person, but have since taken the path less traveled.
Blogger Steve, at 1:01 PM  
BTW, all my friend kept mentioning was how he submitted a couple more patents since the beginning of the year (note: my company gives people a $500-$1,000 bonus for each patent they file). He seemed rather proud in telling me this, and I was biting my lip to tell him I stood make 10-30 times that with just this one deal. Worse yet for him is the company now owns his ideas.
Blogger Steve, at 1:07 PM  
Yup,

I try not to preach... If I talk about REI and they don't ask questions, than thats too bad...

Brian
Blogger Bginvestor, at 9:03 PM  
You are the Dr. Phil of REI!!!
Blogger mel, at 11:25 PM  
Hi Blogger, I came across your site while doing a search on Timeshares. Although you don't have exactly what I'm looking for, your site did provide for quite an interesting read. Thanks, and keep up the good work!
Blogger curiousblogger, at 3:43 PM  
Well done on a nice blog Blogger. I was searching for information on real estate investment and came across your post 5 day vacation.. - not quite what I was looking for related to real estate investment but very interesting all the same!

Well, Christmas is over and we're all getting ready for the new years and there aren't many investing days left. Although I'm still trying to grapple with where real estate prices are headed next year. My feeling is that there's still room for a little more upside movement during the year, possibly following the now bullish phase of the dollar. The economy's looking good. But best to look out those tax lien properties.

If you do have a moment, please take a look at my new site on: Real Estate Investment .

A happy new year to you and yours! Amon
Blogger Amon, at 6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

$2.95 a month web hosting