The owner wasn't interested in putting any of his money into the deal. I would needed $$ to solve the termite problem.
Deal is dead. However, I'll call some guys and see if they are interested.
There's always something around the corner. I got a call from a gal that owns a condo just a few doors down from mine. I know this neighborhood really well. A sand wich lease option will great work well if she can hold on to her equity. Or if she'll go low enough, a cash offer will do it too.
Something happen to her daughter so I'm waiting for a few days before scheduling an appointment.