The life and times of an Arizona Investor

This will be my personal journal to document my failures and successes during my real estate experiences in Arizona. All stories, thoughts, and successes will be documented..

Friday, January 07, 2005

Why REI will be a great in 2005...

I'm just so damn excited about investing this year.. The opportunities are all over the place, its just a matter of finding them! (mental note: formulate marketing strategy for 2005)

Sure there's talk about the real estate market cooling off some aeas, but you know what? Southern Arizona appears to be going strong... CNN Money projected an 8-9 % appreciation for this year which is an increase of last years.

You might be thinking, well, 8-9 percent is not that great, but you know what, our average price of home is approx. 175k, not like California thats 300-500k. I mean a starter home for a half of mil, give me a break!!

Arizona just may turn into a California.. If so, I want to own at least 10-15 properties.

And the great part of buying right is just that, you can be in a cool or hot market and still make money. Just like purchasing call and put options for stocks, you can make money year around.

There's absolutely no signs of the market slowing down in the prickly pear state. I'm tired of realtors telling me that they just sold their listing to Californians on the same day! I didn't realize that they were flying Californian investors for free to have a hay day on Arizona properties.. Its true..

I'll post my investing philosophy on why real estate IS the investment choice right now.. This thread is to just get me excited because I can't wait to talk to motivated sellers and help them out of their situation and make a little profit while I'm doing it.

The government wants people to own real estate. Do you know that you can sell your house and pay no taxes (if you live in it 2 0f the 5 years)? Holly cow!

I have a friend that sold his house (Cal.) which he owned for 2 years and is now temporarily retired traveling around the world for over a year now. You can do some stuff when you have 250k in your pocket!

Good investing!

|| Bginvestor, 11:54 AM

10 Comments:

Hi Blogger, Out surfing for information on discounted notes & happened upon your site. While Why REI will be a great in 2005... wasn't exactly spot on, it did strike a note with me. Thank you for the really good read.
Blogger research guy, at 9:56 AM  
Hello Blogger, been looking for the latest info on cash flows and found Why REI will be a great in 2005.... Though not exactly what I was searching for, it did get my attention. Interesting post, thanks for a great read.
Blogger research guy, at 6:54 PM  
Hello Blogger, been looking for the latest info on american cash flow and found Why REI will be a great in 2005.... Though not exactly what I was searching for, it did get my attention. Interesting post, thanks for a great read.
Blogger research guy, at 4:00 AM  
Hi there Blogger, I had been out looking for some new information on cash flows when I found your site and Why REI will be a great in 2005.... Though not just what I was searching for, it drew my attention. An interesting post and I thank you for it.
Blogger Good Stuff, at 5:51 PM  
Hi Blogger, Out surfing for information on notenetwork & happened upon your site. While Why REI will be a great in 2005... wasn't exactly spot on, it did strike a note with me. Thank you for the really good read.
Blogger research guy, at 7:03 PM  
Hi there Blogger, I had been out looking for some new information on cash flow business when I found your site and Why REI will be a great in 2005.... Though not just what I was searching for, it drew my attention. An interesting post and I thank you for it.
Blogger research guy, at 5:52 PM  
Hello Blogger, been looking for the latest info on real estate note and found Why REI will be a great in 2005.... Though not exactly what I was searching for, it did get my attention. Interesting post, thanks for a great read.
Blogger Good Stuff, at 5:58 AM  
Hello Blogger, been looking for the latest info on cash flow note and found Why REI will be a great in 2005.... Though not exactly what I was searching for, it did get my attention. Interesting post, thanks for a great read.
Blogger research guy, at 6:18 PM  
Hi Blogger, Out surfing for information on cash flow business & happened upon your site. While Why REI will be a great in 2005... wasn't exactly spot on, it did strike a note with me. Thank you for the really good read.
Blogger Good Stuff, at 5:59 AM  
Hi there Blogger, I had been out looking for some new information on american cash flow when I found your site and Why REI will be a great in 2005.... Though not just what I was searching for, it drew my attention. An interesting post and I thank you for it.
Blogger research guy, at 1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

$2.95 a month web hosting